Other applications Apart from the applications already mentioned there are numerous other applications where thermal imaging technology is being used. Flare detection During certain production processes gasses are generated which are burned off in flares. The flames generated can be invisible to the human eye. It is important to be sure that the flare is burning. Otherwise, harmful gasses might enter the atmosphere. Thermal imaging can easily see if the flare is burning or not. A thermal imaging camera can monitor flames that are invisible to the naked eye. Note that the flare is invisible on the visual image. Tank level detection Thermal imaging can also easily be used for tank-level detection. Thanks to emissivity effects or to temperature differences the thermal image clearly shows the level of the liquid. These thermal images clearly show the level of liquids in the storage tanks. Other applications include:
- Finding hot spots in welding robots
- Inspection of aeronautical material
- Mould inspection
- Checking temperature distribution in asphalt pavements
- Inspections in paper mills
Whether you are interested in inspecting electrical installations, mechanical equipment, tank levels, installations with refractory material, pipe-work, flare burners and many, many more, thermal imaging is the perfect tool for all industrial applications. References: Flir Systems
The AMR (auto meter reading) is an I/O module that has been specifically designed for the special needs of auto meter reading applications. The AMR can be interfaced directly with the output of various types of pulse output meters (electricity, water, gas, BTU) and the data collected from the various meters sent to a central host via its RS485 interface. Some special features which distinguish it from regular I/O modules are:
– noise filtering from the pulse input to prevent miscounts
– EEPROM memory to retain count data in case of power interruption
– accommodates up to 16 channels of pulse input
– dry contact channel input that eliminates the need for additional power supply
– synchronize retain count with actual meter display
– rechargeable battery backup option to maintain at least 8 hours of continuous operation during a power outage
and many more!
Digital Device Network for Lighting Control
Automated Logic’s Digi-Touch® Network dramatically reduces installation and wiring costs of field input devices, while increasing functionality of lighting switches. The Digi-Touch Network allows addressable Digi-Touch wall switches and Digi-Touch Input Modules to communicate with the LC series of Lighting Control Panels.
Powerful Microprocessor-Based Lighting Control Panels
Automated Logic’s Lighting Control (LC) line brings the power and simplicity of WebCTRL® to your building’s lighting systems. The LC line utilizes advanced microprocessors to provide superior lighting control, while delivering the rapid response required by lighting applications.
Automated Logic’s ZN551 provides unprecedented power and flexibility through fully programmable networked controllers. The ZN551 controllers connect to the Building Automation System (BAS) network using BACnet over ARCNET 156 kbps or MS/TP. The ZN551 supports a line of RS room sensors using Rnet port
Automated Logic’s ZN253 provides unprecedented power and flexibility through fully programmable networked controllers. The ZN253 controllers connect to the Building Automation System (BAS) network using BACnet over ARCNET 156 kbps or MS/TP. The ZN253 supports a line of RS room sensors using its Rnet port.
Automated Logic’s ZN220 provides unprecedented power and flexibility through fully programmable networked controllers. The ZN220 controllers connect to the Building Automation System (BAS) network using BACnet over ARCNET 156 kbps or MS/TP. The ZN220 supports a line of RS room sensors using its Rnet port.
WebCTRL Powerful and Intuitive Front End For Building Control
Automated Logic has long been known for its intuitive, powerful front-end building control software. In fact, ALC pioneered graphical programming in the industry. With our graphical user interface, users have such features as hierarchical scheduling, thermographic color floor plans, trending, alarm management, and reporting. And with WebCTRL®, our web-based building automation system, all of these features are available through a standard web browser – without any special software or plug-ins.
Automated Logic has long been known for its intuitive, powerful front-end building control software. In fact, ALC pioneered graphical programming in the industry. With our graphical user interface, users have such features as hierarchical scheduling, thermographic color floor plans, trending, alarm management, and reporting. And withWebCTRL®, our web-based building automation system, all of these features are available through a standard web browser – without any special software or plug-ins.
Time-Lapse Graphics™ is a revolutionary new feature within WebCTRL that allows operators to roll back time, up to a 24-hour slice, and play back hours of real-time data in just minutes. This innovative feature provides a quick, visual indication of any problem areas and gives facility managers a strong diagnostic tool to quickly identify and correct issues that impact energy efficiency and comfort.
Our Environmental Index™ provides a simple and effective solution. Starting with temperature as a key component of comfort, the Environmental Index (EI), expressed as a percentage, reflects how close the zone temperature is to the effective heating and cooling setpoints. Accessed through a browser using WebCTRL, the EI is shown on an easily read analog gauge, using the red segments to indicate poor environments, and graduating to green as conditions improve and the EI begins to approach 100%.
ALC’s EnergyReports™ is a flexible, easy-to-use reporting tool that enables facility managers to produce a wide variety of reports showing a building’s energy consumption. Using color graphs, EnergyReports allows users to compare energy consumption or demand over different periods with simple drop-down menus and calendar control options. This gives facility managers a powerful tool to minimize energy consumption, maximize comfort, and achieve sustainable building operations.
EIKON® – LogicBuilder, the most advanced graphical programming tool in the industry, replaced line-by-line programming with universally understood symbols to construct both standard and custom control algorithms. All of this combines to make the most intuitive, feature-rich, easy-to-use product on the market.
EIKON®-LogicBuilder for WebCTRL®
Universally Understood Graphical Programming
EIKON-LogicBuilder for WebCTRL is the most advanced graphical programming tool in the industry. With the click of a button, you can build complex control algorithms, diagnose problems, and run real-time or simulated operational data to evaluate the performance of a control sequence. EIKON-LogicBuilder makes it easy to understand control sequences as it does not use cryptic “line by line” computer code. Key Features and Benefits
- Intuitive graphical programming tool eliminates the need for complex programming or cryptic computer code.
- Powerful library of microblocks (control functions) provide the flexibility to develop simple and complex control sequences.
- Universally understood graphic symbols make control algorithms easy to understand.
- Flexible simulation mode enables the user to view the control routines before system installation which simplifies development and troubleshooting.
- Live Graphic Function Blocks (GFBs) are a valuable troubleshooting tool that allow system performance to be viewed in real time.
- Complete integration with WebCTRL workstation software for seamless facility programming.
- Instant project documentation captures development process.
- An extensive library of sample GFBs provides pre-engineered solutions to many typical HVAC control applications. They can be used as-is, or easily modified in EIKON to meet special requirements.
- Complete compatibility and functionality with BACnet®, ASHRAE’s industry standard protocol, for programming BACnet objects.